Burwell Parish Council

Jubilee Reading Room,
99 The Causeway
BURWELL Cambridge CB25 0DU
Tel: 01638 743 142
Email us

Parish Council News


NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN Pursuant to section 87(2) of the Local Government Act 1972 that Joe Parkerformerly member of the above named Parish Council have ceased to be a member thereof and that one casual vacancy existsin the office of councillor for the said Parish. If, within 14 days* after the date of this notice (5 pm 30th January 2018), a request for an election to fill the said vacancy is  made in writing to the proper officer of the East Cambridgeshire District Council by ten electors for the saidParish an election will be held to fill the vacancy; otherwise, the vacancy will be filled by the Parish Council.

DATED this Tenth day of January 2018.                 

Yvonne Rix

Clerk to the Parish Council

Grass Cutting Contract

Burwell Parish Council is seeking qualified organisations to tender for the cutting of grass areas within the parish. The contract period is from 1st April 2018 to 31.3.2021. For further details and tender forms please contact the Clerk to the Council on 01638 743142 or by email burwellpc@btconnect.com.  Closing date for tenders is 2ndFebruary 2018.


Development of a 49.9MW battery storage facility, bridge and associated infrastructure, Weirs Drove

Members of Burwell Parish Council raised a number of questions with the applicant, Aura Power regarding the proposal for the battery storage facility in Weirs Drove.  The questions raised and Aura Power responses (shown in red) can be found by clicking on the following Questions and Answers

Burwell Cemetery

Following the consultation last year, the Cemetery Regulations have now been reviewed. The two main changes are that although it will remain a lawn cemetery, as it is now, there will be an opportunity to place plants and mementoes of your loved one, if wished, in an area of up to 18 inches in front of the gravestone. The second change is that the Exclusive Right of Burial will now be for 50 years (instead of 99 years) with an option to extend this time at a later date. A copy of the revised regulations is available on this website (under Cemetery), at the Jubilee Reading Room and on the Noticeboard at the Cemetery.

Dial-a-Ride - The monthly trip to Ely, on the first Thursday of the month will continue through out the year, although the service will now be provided by the Voluntary Network based in Newmarket.  Seats can be booked by contacting the Voluntary Network on 01638 664304.  You will need to be a member of the Voluntary Network, but they will give you the details about this when you book.

Back to top